SB Chevy retrofit, Accel vs. Edelbrock?

William A. Sarkozy mymove at serv01.net-link.net
Tue Dec 24 15:32:09 GMT 1996

I've successfully used the Accel  system on a 377 SBC.  I elected to use an
salvage 305 TPI system for a base, then used Lucas 42# injectors, Accel
harness & computer (w/ cold start block off) and a GM Y-body (corvette)
distributor with an Accel knock detector.  I made gobs of torque, but the
motor went seriously flat after about 5KRPM.  The Accel SupeRam will also go
away on top, but not quite so early.  If you want to make power upstairs,
try a tunnel ram or single plane 4-bbl manifold modified for port injectors.
Accel makes and sells all the component parts you'll need to complete the
set-up.  Get in touch with Harry Hruska in Linwood (Lynwood?) Illinois.  He
stocks most of the Accel components and makes LOTS of power with the Accel
line.  And, yes, you're going to need engine-out-of-car dyno time to coax
maximum hp from the engine....there's simply no othrer way.  Good luck.

                        Bill