Sensor Questions?

Land Shark lndshrk at xmission.com
Fri Feb 2 19:01:20 GMT 1996

At 04:13 PM 2/2/96, you wrote:

>Not entirely sure why you would need the same number of adaptive
>(BLM) cells as main fuel map cells, I think you'll find that a bit
>of interpolation here and there will resolve any differences.

 You need them because ... (tech weenie geek hat on!)

 1) The relationship is a discrete function, of 2nd order to rpm and 1st to MAP

 (geek hat off)

 2) Changing any accessory will very likely change said functions SHAPE from
    the stock shape ... and unless EACH point in the fueling map is countered
    by an individual correction, the "interpolation" will be off ..

 3) Worst of all, since EGO feedback is off under higher loads/rpms and WOT, you'll
    never fill in those BLM cells anyway :(

 Jim