Bosch Mono-Jetronic

Wouter de Waal wrm at ccii.co.za
Mon Feb 5 07:45:17 GMT 1996

>So Land Shark a.k.a. Jim sez:

>>Actually, the Uno is remarkably driveable. Handles _really_ well. Never had
>>any problems at all, except this flat spot that crept in recently.
>
> OK, well .. let's fix that flatspot ... Have you checked the throttlepot??

Now here lies the crunch. The manual I have sez "don't remove that pot, it's
factory adjusted". I can't get a new pot, or even a new pot attached to a
throttle body (Which I would need if the thing is factory adjusted). I'll
have to buy the whole thing, including idle servo and injector. Now I'm sure
that'll fix the flat spot, but I can get a carburettor for a third of the
price. Lessee, R8000 = 200 cases of beer, what can _you_ buy for the
equivalent of 200 cases of beer? Probably a new car :-)

So if I remove the pot and bugger up the adjustment, I'm f*--ed. So now I'm
trying to figure out whether that is the culprit. If I open the thing and
find that the pot's OK, and then can't get it back together again, Hooo Boy,
probably kill myself :-)

Wouter
--
Wouter de Waal        Phone : +27 21 683 5490
Development Engineer  Fax   : +27 21 683 5435