Electronic thottles

ARTHUR OKUN arthurok at ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 6 07:00:18 GMT 1996

You wrote:

>Hi Guys
>  I read recently that as part of the Merc skid control system they
>switched to using a remote throttle.  i.e. there is no cable
>connecting the pedal and the throttle.  Are the current stepping
>motors sufficiently quick for this?  I can see advantages in idle
>control, gear selection and dual throttle bodies.
>
>  Well the volume of this list is getting too much for the moment so
>I've sign off for the next few months.  When I get closer to
>materialising my project I'll hop back on.  See you guys later.
>
>1978 Toyota Corolla KE50 Liftback 1.2l 3K-C 8ohv 275 000km
>1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CC GLXi Hatch 1.6l SOHC16v 4G92 60 000km
>1967 Rover P6 2000 SC Sedan SOHC8v ?15 000miles
>--
>  _--_|\             -|-    Gavin Walker
> /      \             |
> \_.--.*/ <- Canberra,      gavin.walker at dit.csiro.au
>       v     Australia      Phone +61-6-2167030     Fax +61-6-2167111
i thought about a  electronically controled throttle plate in a way an
iac is that  i would like to build that for my buick .
i wonder if i could use the  cruise control vac motor as a servo
maybe a dc motor servo would work better if done properly it might
solve many emission problems and lead footing which drops engine
vaccume and leans the mixture.
the only thing is that it has to be designed carefully to prevent
"runaway throttle".