Spellcheckers & Hall Effect sensors

Mark Hillier mhillier at dataradio.com
Tue Feb 6 15:01:03 GMT 1996

Peter wrote:
> I did look at and note his address, and said "up there". I prefer to
> disagree with you on the spelling being in french. It just looks bad to me.
I see...

> >I think he did
> >quite well....you understood what he was trying to say -right ?
>
> No, and that was the reason for the comment. Working my way through all of
> the spelling errors became such hard work that I gave up and went onto the

Funny, most people figures it out quite well.

> Therefore, if I had been able to contribute anything to the
> reply, I wouldn't have, because it would have been too much like hard work.
<snip>
But you seem to treat the list as just that -work. I think most of
are here becaure we are interested or *enjoy* it. Your business side
is showing. Be careful you don't let Superchips go to your head
-Cyberspace will trash you if you do.

> This is why there are spell checkers, so that simple errors can be
> eliminated by the computer. Poor English is a different story, and my French
> would be a lot worse than his English, but I would try and run it through a
> spell checker to get some sort of chance of the best possible responses to
> my questions.

Agreed. He could have done that. I could do that and eliminate my
typos -but what a pain. Imagine if you had to spell-chek all your
posts....adding all those tech. terms to the dictionary etc...

> If the guy didn't speak English then the grammar and text content would be
> very different and then everything would be excusable.

I don't get it. Are you implying that if he had been *completely*
incoherent, that it would be Ok; but that since he *almost* had it
right, that its not ? <poking you> -"are you for real ?"

> > How about some slack ?

> Ok,you answer the question, I'm off to the next posting

Hurry... you have 27 more to do before lunch! >;-o
DRASTIC CHANGE OF TOPIC  (enough wasted bandwidth)

Has anyone tried a Hall Effect sensor from Honeywell ? I have one at
home that gives a nice 5 V pulse train. It is rated for automotive
use. I have the part number and specs at home if anyone is
interested. Cost is about 30 $CDN in single quantities.

Mark Hillier
DATARADIO Technical Support
mhillier at dataradio.com