FI with Leaded Fuel..

robert dingli r.dingli at ee.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Feb 8 00:17:39 GMT 1996

Hi Krishna,

> Does anyone see a problem in using FI systems with
> Leaded Fuel. In India, we get only leaded fuel (atleast
> as of today) and I wanted to experiment FI on some 2-st
> motorcycles..

Half the cars on our roads here in Australia use leaded fuel, many
of which are fuel injected.  I've never seen any problems with using
leaded fuel as far as the fuel delivery system goes although it is
likely that you may experience problems with reduced EGO (exhaust gas
oxygen) sensor life.  Leaded fuel hasn't appeared to have hurt the
EGO sensor that I have used for over 3 years now and it had had six
years of use before I installed it.

The fact that your project is a two stroke will give you a few more
headaches than your choice of fuel.

Robert 'hoping that I haven't made a spelling mistake' Dingli

    Robert Dingli   r.dingli at ee.mu.oz.au
Power and Control Systems    (+613) 9344 7966
Thermodynamics Research Labs (+613) 9344 7712
     University of Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
**  he who dies with the most toys, wins  **