True dual exhaust and O2 Sensors

masmith masmith089 at qnet.com
Thu Feb 8 08:46:34 GMT 1996

At 11:14 AM 2/6/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>I'm exploring the possibility of changing from single to true dual exhaust on
>my late model Ford truck which appears to have the EEIV and MAF sensor
>(California). Do I need to install a second O2 sensor? Would this sensor be
>connected parallel to the original or does the EEIV have an input for a
>second sensor? I think many (most?) late model mustangs had true dual exhaust
>and the controllers are similar I would guess.
>
>Nick Hagen

my ford ltd (1985 3.8ltr v6) has 2 ego sensors, eec IV, and (eventually)
single exhaust.- assuming you use the /a similar controller, must be a
second input
my error codes routinely  distunguish between my lefft sensor not switching
and my right sensor
not switching. (i thing sensors got silicon fouled but anyway)
check out "how to tune and modify Ford injection systems" or similar title
from walden/b Daltons.

i applolgize for typoes.  have wiggling six month old on other arm. (and at
risk of
massive flaming, how many mail programs like eudora have spell checkers anyway)

Matt Smith
masmith089 at qnet.com
Mailer Eudora 1.5.2