Sequential Setup?

Peter Wales pjwales at magicnet.net
Fri Feb 9 02:01:50 GMT 1996

At 03:40 PM 2/8/96 CST, Tom wrote:

>At idle and partial throttle is where you would expect the
>largest gains in performanace/economy. I have heard figures
>ranging from 2% to 10% improvements by properly timing
>the injection on sequential injections.

We did a lot of tests on the dyno on exactly this and found NO improvement
in power. The reason is simple, you need air, and fuel to burn in it, and if
you have the right amounts of each you will get the most power.

The economy was another matter altogether. By timing the injection so that
there is the minimum time for the fuel/air mixture to sit in the inlet you
got the most economy. This is because the droplets coalesce and form larger
droplets, which take longer to burn. Hence you need more of them to get all
of the air used and thus economy suffers. I was given the parallel of the
droplets being like onions, you need to burn off each layer until they are
all gone, the bigger the droplet the more layers.

>For sequential injection, most common method, is to time
>the injector to CLOSE with the closing of the intake
>valve.

Exactly

Peter Wales
President Superchips Inc
Chairman Superchips Ltd        "Timing is everything"
Superchips home page with all the answers http://www.superchips.com