Electronics suppliers

John T Stein JSTEIN at dpc2.hdos.hac.com
Fri Feb 9 16:56:14 GMT 1996

> Date:          Thu, 08 Feb 1996 22:19:08 +0000 (GMT)
> From:          Jim Staff <staffj at freenet.msp.mn.us>
> Subject:       Electronics suppliers
> To:            diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu

>      What are good places to get electronics stuff? Could you provide me with
> the names, number, and costs of catalogs plus you personal thoughts on them.
>
>      I know about digi-key : I've had good experiences with them. But they are a
> little expensive and don't carry a few things I like (Such as mos-fets and
> bipolar transistors) Also the have some strange love of national semiconductor.
> Which is a good company and provides good parts.
>                   Archer [Radio shack] : They've got thier good and bad points.
> They are a tad bit more expensive. And the selection is limited. But after all
> they are just a few blocks away [1 mile in my case] so you have instant
> satisfaction. Also they have a knack to have the IC's I need but never the
> resistors or capacitors I need. They have more diodes than I've ever seen and
> have never heard of some of the ones they have.
>
>      If anyone know about a company called  ____***ARROW***____ please give me
> information. They are a good supplier and carry buttloads of stuff.
>
>          Bye,
>            Jim Staff

Jim,

Arrow is an industrial supplier, like Pioneer, Schweber, et al.
These folks sell primarily to established, commercial accounts and
usually do not court the "hobby" trade.  They usually have
significant minimum order $ policies.  IMO you will not do too much
better than DigiKey, all things considered.

John