Multiprocessor system

Mark Boxsell mrb at mpx.com.au
Sat Feb 10 10:10:58 GMT 1996

At 11:42 PM 8/02/96 PST, you wrote:
>I have been thinking about a fuel injection system composed of four 68HC11
>microprocessors.  The first processor would run the ignition system.  It
>would have inputs from crank and cam sensors (no missing tooth in the crank
>senor for syncronization) and from the map sensor.  It would also receive
>6 bits of data from the master controller and 4 bits of control information.

Clint,
       I did one with 2 HC11's about 6 years ago. Sequential V8 GroupA car.
Use the SPI to communicate between processors (thats what Motorola put it
there for !). The only thing I noticed when doing the software is that both
processors often need the same information but one or the other may
calculate this so you have to swap data a bit. It ended up a master and
"friend" rather than master and slave!
One day Motorola may get their act together and make a HC11 with more that 5
output compares, do they think every has four cylinders or something !! If
anyone from Motorola is listening don't worry this is my pet HC11 cripe.
Anyway Clint what's someone at intel.com doing asking about HC11's, a bit of
market research perhaps?
         regards,
                  Mark Boxsell