Multiprocessor system - Who uses intel ups

Zublin, Bryan (SD-MS) BZUBLIN at gi.com
Wed Feb 14 01:33:26 GMT 1996

Martin Mayhead (mpm at impltd.com) writes:

>If your question was aimed at discovering the pitfalls and/or
>advantages of Intel uC's (in particular the 80196) I would be
>happy to discuss this further - it is actually very straightforward
>to use and well documented by Intel (yes that surprised me too).

I'd like to hear more about the advantages/disadvantages of the 80196 when
used for an efi/spark timing controller.  We use quite a few of them in our
satellite receivers, so they are readily available for me.  The Motorola
uC's seem to get the most attention on this list, it would be good to hear
about the "competition."

Bryan Zublin
bzublin at gi.com