<911> Bosch Motronic

Brad Anesi BANESI at novell.com
Wed Feb 14 15:58:43 GMT 1996

If you don't know/care about a Motronic-equipped '86 911, feel free to hit
the delete key now....

There was a recent posting on the Alfa Digest about helping
water-cooled, Motronic-equipped Alfas start and run easier when cold
by measuring the resistance of the coolant temperature sensor and
adding some calculated resistance to this circuit.  My Alfa runs great
when cold, but my 911 tends to stumble a bit when cold.  I'd like to try to
apply the same process to my 911, but obviously we have a different
animal here.  My questions:

1) Does the engine temperature input (at startup) for the 911's Motronic
use the oil temperature, head temperature, both?

2) Any idea if the process described above (I can provide further
details), would work for a 911?

Thanks,

Brad
'86 911 Coupe