<911> Bosch Motronic

ARTHUR OKUN arthurok at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 14 22:50:36 GMT 1996

i thought about doing that on gm system  the only problem is that
sensors output is non linear  and  putting in a series resistor would
seriously distort the high temp calibration .

how about a switch or relay  to put in a fixed resistor of your choice
for cold start  ?
the way i "solved " my problem is by replacing the temp sensor with a
new one that had a better "curve" the chilton said this occasionaly
is a problem with "marginal" engines.
when i put the old sensor "water" in the freezer at 5*f  i found it to
be reading about 10* high according to a gm resistance table
they say the resistances are approxamate but the new one read exactly
the table values .
believe me it made a noticible improvement.
these measurements were made with adigital dmm that  im sure is
accurate to better then 1% on resistance.
in conclution   check and or replace the the temp sensors
the strange part is that i replaced the same sensor with a new one
6 months before because of error codes  but did not check it before
installing it "why bother its new?""