286 Vindication

Jim Staff staffj at freenet.msp.mn.us
Fri Feb 16 01:48:22 GMT 1996

   A 286 is devinatly limited when it comes to ports. Serial, IDE, etc.... But
I'll Use an ISA card to just create a new device on the bus. I've got 16 decoded
address spaces on the cards design that is butloads for my application. The
onboard timer is real crap, So I have an external counter timer do my work. I
Run the system with D type flip flops as you can Imagine...

  When I get it all together I'll post it on the web Page... Besides I'm going
to use a MPX2200, A motorola pressure sensor rated for 200KPA, with .2mV per
KPA, it has thermal recalibration, and as a plus It has differential input so
that the values stay pretty good across the spectrum. I op amp it so that It's
span is 2V with an offset of .25V, it's great!!!!