286 Vindication

Tommy.Palm at oron.ds.sll.se Tommy.Palm at oron.ds.sll.se
Fri Feb 16 15:22:09 GMT 1996

Item Subject: Meddelandetext
>  When I get it all together I'll post it on the web Page... Besides I'm going

>to use a MPX2200, A motorola pressure sensor rated for 200KPA, with .2mV per
>KPA, it has thermal recalibration, and as a plus It has differential input so
>that the values stay pretty good across the spectrum. I op amp it so that It's

>span is 2V with an offset of .25V, it's great!!!!

Hello!

Seemes as you are going to do something that I have already done when reading
MAP.
Warning; is it a MPX2200DP? It reads differential pressures. You need absolute
pressure. I had to use the MPX200AP thats absolute w/o temp compensation. Since
Motorola did'nt have any compensated one year ago. I use turbo press up to 1,5
bar but when calibrating the MPX200 it streched it's linear area 1 bar over the
specified so it's still useable. The temp comp wont be any big problem i think.
When i calculated on it it follows the compensation for airtemp vs density that
you anyhow must do in your software (or maby in hardware is possible to of
course), so its near to automatic, but maby a bit slow! That is if you  apply
inucted airtemp to the MAP sensor of course (how that is done???). Tell me how
you intend to dampen the MAP signal? Mecanical or electronical, thats one of my
problems.

Keep up good work, please tell me if its a new AP on the market!

Tommy Palm
tommy.palm at oron.ds.sll.se
Sweden