MAP Questions...

dn dn at dlogtech.cuc.ab.ca
Sat Feb 17 19:45:19 GMT 1996

Jim Staff writes:

>      I don't know how to make a Throttle Position Sensor, But I'm sure
> somebody here know or I could find it out god knows I've found out
> impossible stuff already.

Jim, head down to your local auto parts store and ask the guys behind the
counter to have a look at a Standard Motor Products or Echlin emission
controls catalog.  These have nice little pictures of a zillion different
types of throttle position sensors, I'm sure you could find one to fit
your application.  It's just a pot, hook the ends to 5V and ground and
read the voltage at the wiper to get throttle position.  Resist the
temptation to just use a 99 cent pot from your local Radio Shack, they
are not made for the constant dithering and movement that a TPS sees.
Once you get this data, you're on your own...

> calculation, and make a TPS. I pray to god my op amp thing works or i'll kill
> myself, along with a relatively expensive MPX2200 sensor.

See my reply in diy_efi subject "Lawnmower Man".  It was originally
targeted to another guy doing a B+S conversion, I didn't realize until
just now that there were two of you.  Jeeze, now ya got me contemplating
hopping up the old garden cultivator...

regards
dn

 Darrell A. Norquay              Internet: dn at dlogtech.cuc.ab.ca
 Datalog Technology Inc.         Bang: calgary!debug!dlogtech!darrell
 Calgary, Alberta, Canada        Voice: +1 (403) 243-2220
                                 Fax:   +1 (403) 243-2872
    @ +
     <
    __/    "Absolutum Obsoletum" - If it works, it's obsolete