SAE-reports list

Tommy.Palm at oron.ds.sll.se Tommy.Palm at oron.ds.sll.se
Mon Feb 19 11:59:45 GMT 1996

Here is a list of some SAE-transactions papers that should answer at lea=
st half
of all questions i've seen in the DIY_EFI group the last months.

It was some years ago that believed i was totally alone with the hobby o=
DIY-FI. But my interest bloomed up again when i found the DIY_EFI group =
on
Internet.
Anyhow back then I think I read every SAE- paper from 80-87 (took months=
) and
took copies of some of the most usefull for me at that time. Here is the=

reports I found most interesting concerning EFI:

851675 Toyota central inj

851674 Fuel atomisation

850044 sect7 Toyota leanburn combustion system (contains info about the =
lean
burn mix sensor and lean A/F ratio calibration map, comparison between s=
eq and
simultaneos EFI on torque fluctuation and missfire limit. Helical port v=
straight port on torque. It also has a guide of optimum fuel inj timing =
on seq
EFI for various speed and load. Very interesting and easy read report!

850074 sect 1 Effects of intake valve closingtimes on combustion.

850293 A new low press single point inj system (Bosch Monotronic). A gui=
de for
you guys who by some reason want to calculate w/o MAF or MAP. Open or cl=
osed
loop.

870128 Fuel inj on 4 valve eng. A Nissan report about the problems with
transient enrichment and fuellag. Also a good comparisement between diff=
erent
injection methods on emissions and fueleconomy. Fuel pushback and timing=
,
uneveness between cylinders etc. Also a must for the serious DIY-EFI'er.=

850293 Sootformation on multipoint fuel inj engine. A very comprehensive=
 report
from GM on the very delicate topic injector aiming. It also tests the ef=
fect of
sequential injection timing on emmision. In the closing they wrote
"...injection targeting is the most significant parameter to reduce smok=
e and
HC in MPFI engines".

Tommy Palm
tommy.palm at oron.ds.sll.se