MPX2200

Grant Beattie grantb at nait.ab.ca
Mon Feb 19 21:17:16 GMT 1996

On Sun, 18 Feb 1996, CF Ducharme wrote:

> Yes there are (at least) two of us - Jim Staff doing a high mileage vehicle
> application with a B&S, and me doing a senior (43 year old senior?) design
> project for my BSEE.  I believe Jim is using an Intel 286, and I'm using a
> Motorola M68HC11 (Coactive Aesthetics GCB11) and after graduation, if I'm
> bored I may try to port it to my '85 Electraglide - but, as they say, 'Things
> are different on a Harley...'  I will probably post some of my project details
> to the DIY_EFI home page once things draw near a close.

There is a potential market for anyone that can come up with a small
efficient EFI for B&S 5 hp motors.... Kart racing.  There are piles of
B&S 5hp motors (using methanol and other mods to make them viable) on the
Kart racing tracks in N. America.  I'm talking about 100kph racing here, not
kiddie fun karts, but there may be a market there too!

GB