Radio Shack DMM with RS-232 interface and ProbeScope

robert dingli r.dingli at ee.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Feb 20 00:35:03 GMT 1996

> I'm not a pro "hardware hacker" but, with a very fast PIC and an even faster
> A/D  converter, could an anolog to RS232 module be built? Are there single
> chip devices out there, that will read an anolog voltage and transmit it at
> a high baud rate via RS232?
> I think the bottleneck would be the RS232 link. I can see a PIC-A/D reading
> the voltage in real time but not being able to 'talk' fast enough. What do
> you seasoned hackers think?

How about using the joystick input through the games port?

We have used it a few times for basic PC inputs, digital and analogue.

Robert

    Robert Dingli   r.dingli at ee.mu.oz.au
Power and Control Systems    (+613) 9344 7966
Thermodynamics Research Labs (+613) 9344 7712
     University of Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
**  he who dies with the most toys, wins  **