FW: Real world TPI hp gains

john carroll jac at wave.sheridan.wy.us
Wed Feb 21 03:35:14 GMT 1996

It is not clear to me that dropping the jacket temperature would significantly alter the
induction air temperature.  It is almost certain to increase the heat rejected to the
cooling system.  The more heat the system must handle, the less likely the system is to
hold the engine temperature constant.  The result is more wear.  An increase of
deposits from condensation of combustion products is almost certain.  After the intake
valve is closed the warmer engine is all for the better.  I wonder what would be the effect
of insulating the the induction air system, changing the coolant to a straight dry glycol
and running engine at 240F?

john carroll

jac at wave.sheridan.wy.us