Effect of Improved Air-Flow on Speed-Density EFI

George McLaughlin George_McLaughlin at bedison.com
Thu Feb 22 15:20:37 GMT 1996

 I have been following the thread regarding speed-density EFI systems
 for some time now, but still am somewhat perplexed as to why
 improvements in air intake would not positively affect engine
 performance.  I would assume that greater air flow would lead to
 higher MAP values and the ECM would adjust the fuel mixture
 accordingly (assuming it does not fall outside of the range of its
 tables or the capacity of the fuel injectors).

 Where am I going wrong in this assumption (and does the fact that
 this is a turbocharged engine affect things at all)?

 George F. McLaughlin III
 George_McLaughlin at bedison.com