GM Model 700 Throttle Body

Orin B. Harding orin at nr.infi.net
Fri Feb 23 15:52:42 GMT 1996

>that is regulator output pressure i have a haynes too
>remember that car uses an intank pump that easily will generate 40 psig
>when new  the excess fuel is returned to keep the tb and lines cool.
>its not easy to generate those pressure levels without an intank pump
>this was  disscussed a while back on this very forum.
>question : are you using the mgs original fuel pump does yours
>originaly have an electric one ?   are you using the return line
>on the t.b.?

No, I'm not using the original pump..I'm using a Holly pump that they supply
with their ProJection throttle Body injection system and I have installed a
return line from the TB to the tank..The GM700 pressure regulator adjustment
screw has been spot welded in place so I am going to drill out the spot weld
and replace the screw so I can make pressure adjustments...I think the
pressures you're talking about would be "dead headed" pressures and not
"regulated" pressures.  To adjust the pressure a guage would be placed in
the supply line and with the return line connected, the pressure
adjusted...Look at the Haynes book again and I think you'll see what I'm
talking about..
Orin Harding - Greensboro, NC
('74 MGB-GT - '79 MGB Roadster with Electromotive TEC II)