ADVICE NEEDED

James Weiler james at brc.ubc.ca
Sun Feb 25 01:58:19 GMT 1996

Hello:

	A friend is getting rid of his '79 Toyota Celica Supra (six
cylinder).  Is this an opportunity to obtain a bunch of sensors,
injectors, air meter, etc for free?  Or is this a giant waste of my time?

I would eventually like to inject a 1971 Ford 351 Cleveland. I know I
need a programable ECU and the injectors probably won't be big enough and
I'll have to make a fuel rail, but what about the rest of it???  Fuel
pump, pressure regulator, air meter, sensors, throttle body??  I know
kits from Haltech, Tull, or Electromotive exist but I don't know exactly
what they provide.  Are these just ECU's and you have to collect the
sensors anyway??

I'm thinking maybe this is an opportunity to get my feet wet...worst case
is that I learn a little but none of the parts will be useful to me.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

james wieler