Basic FI requirements?

Clint Sharp clint at clintsmc.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 26 02:20:04 GMT 1996

Let's see if I have been listening properly,
 I am going to build my own FI system and I have worked up a list
of sensors/inputs I think I need. The system will control four injectors
and two coils (a four cylinder CVH lump) with mapped ignition and
possibly sequential injection. Can anyone tell me if I missed anything,
or am being hopelessly optimistic here. The sensors I think I need are;
1. Crank sensor for RPM and position sensing.
2. Cam sensor for ignition and injector timing.
3. Airflow.
4. Water temp sensor for cold start enrichment.
Could I get away with using the cam sensor alone for RPM and timing?
What type of airflow sensor is best, i.e. can I use a throttle position
pot and get good results or is a 'proper' flow sensor neccessary? Would
retarding the ignition until the engine is hot be worthwile? I would
like to use a 68hc11 but am open to suggestions if you think this chip
isn't up to it (please no 'my controller is better than yours')
Thanks for any help/suggestions in advance.
--
We apologise for the lack of coherent humorous comments.
 Normal service will be resumed shortly.
                       clint at clintsmc.demon.co.uk