Injector driver chips? Where?

Brad Sheridan bs73 at prism.gatech.edu
Tue Feb 27 16:57:53 GMT 1996

> Brad:
>
> Where did you get this part number?  I really didn't look too close on the
> original post, I assumed you were referring to the MC3484 chips...  I looked
> in my data book and couldn't find a MC33293 (mind you, my data book's a bit
> dated).  Is this a newer version of the 3484?  I talked to my local suppliers
> and it appears that the 3484 is discontinued in all flavors, no one has had
> stock for some time.  Mind you, I haven't talked to Motorola directly, so
> who knows.  From a couple of the other posts on this subject, it looks like
> SGS Thompson is now second sourcing them, though...  The problem with these
> chips is that they are not your average consumer chip, so hardly anyone has
> them in stock.  Keep me posted if you find some.

 Its a new chip, I guess its the replacement of the 3484. There's a little
info on it at the Motorola site. For the full data sheets, you have to use
the Motorola fax service. Not that it really matters, as it won't be
available for quite some time. Plus, as someone else pointed out, it doesn't
appear to be the peak/hold circuit I was under the impression that it was.
If you want I can set up the data sheets for ftp.

Later,
Brad