Weber

einarp einarp at ade.no
Wed Feb 28 09:41:42 GMT 1996

Jon,

I'm not sure on this, but was told by a usually reliable person that
the different colors of the plastic connector part of the injector
shows if it's a high or low resistance one. The body is arbitrarily
painted (or not).

I will do a flow measurement of mine before the engine goes in this
summer to verify all 6 have the same flow. After that I will at
least know the flow characteristics for mine. (Black bodies 16 ohm
injectors). I would also like to use the resulting table to tell
me the instantaneous fuel consumption of the engine.

I also have some Bosch injectors in my junk box, and would like to
point out that they _look_ very similar, but have other dimensions
and construction below the solenoid housing. They will not fit in
the manifold made for the Marelli injectors. So tell him not to buy
any before having checked the fit.

>Does anyone happen to know the scheme Weber uses to identify the various
>characteristics of their injectors, specifically the injector capacity?  He

Beg steal or borrow a milliohmmeter. First check the soldering, especially
the ones around and after the power drivers. This is a very common fault
in older color TV sets. It's caused by the high current and fast rise time.
The same conditions exist in injector and coil drivers. Typical for this
kind of fault is intermittent and temperature dependent failures. Meaning
works for X minutes, then out.

--
einarp at ade.no  ( Maserati Biturbo Spyder )