Blow off valve

Kent Sullivan kentsu at MICROSOFT.com
Wed Feb 28 17:37:40 GMT 1996

If the attachment isn't an obvious separate file (a GIF, a MS Word doc,
etc.) then it's probably caused by the Microsoft Exchange email client.
For every address in an Exchange user's personal address book, there is
a checkbox labeled "Always send to this recipient in Microsoft Exchange
rich-text format".  If it is checked, two copies of the message are
sent: one is plain ASCII text (which any mail program can read) and the
other is RTF that has been uuencoded (I think).

It's usually a good idea to uncheck this box for Internet mail addresses
unless the sender knows that the receiver uses the Exchange client.

--Kent