Hi-resolution Crank angle sensor

Peter Wales pjwales at magicnet.net
Thu Feb 29 13:39:11 GMT 1996

>>>Not necessary. Add one sensor instead.
>>>

>>>  *     x
>>>  _   _   _   _   _   _
>>>_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_
>>

>>This doesn't make sense. For every peak there will be a trough and each
>>sensor will detect the same thing.

>think about which sensor fires when - they are (hopefully)
>180 deg out of phase -> like having twice as many teeth
>twice as close

>Matt Smith
>masmith089 at qnet.com
>Mailer Eudora 1.5.2

I can't go with that Matt, I can detect that there is a trough by not having
a peak at sensor 1 so I don't need sensor 2 to tell me. However, see Darryls
posting which explains it to me better. You need 90 degrees phase dfference
not 180 which the pic shows and that's what fooled me.

Peter Wales
President Superchips Inc
Chairman Superchips Ltd        "Timing is everything"
Superchips home page with all the answers http://www.superchips.com