O2 Sensor type?

robert dingli r.dingli at ee.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Jan 17 00:45:05 GMT 1996

>         Try NGK in England they should be able to help, ask for information
> on the UEGO sensor (pronounced U-A-GO). Remember I only suspected the Honda
> sensor was similar (NGK say it is not the same but we have all stories like
> that before). I have never been able to confirm this. Also controller for
> Honda sensor appears to be in the ECU.
>                       regards,
>                                Mark Boxsell

FWIW, I have recently bought an NGK UEGO and have the prices sitting in
front of me.  Sensor AUD$950, loom $120 and controller $750 ex tax.  They're
not cheap!

I ran some calibration runs last week against an ADS9000 four gas analyser.
There is some problem with the UEGO in that the voltage output wrt AFR
has a 1.7V discrepency at stoiciometric and about 1.0V at the extremes
of my tests (12:1 and 25:1).  I'll be faxing NGK later today to find out
why the output is out of spec.

Robert Dingli
             Robert Dingli           r.dingli at ee.mu.oz.au

Power and Control Systems                 Thermodynamics Research Lab
Electrical Engineering                    Mechanical Engineering
   (+613) 9344 7966                          (+613) 9344 6728
  University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3052, Victoria, AUSTRALIA