Injectors and fuses

robert dingli r.dingli at ee.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Jan 18 00:02:50 GMT 1996

Peter writes,

> If there was any real need for a fuse in the injector line, the
> manufacturers would have put one there on production cars.
>
> Anyone know if there is a car with one fitted?

I have a small collection of various looms at work.  The later model
ones (Toyota I believe) have a three fuse fuse-box with an 80-100 amp
main fuse which I suppose goes to the alternator and general power
rails, and a couple of 30-40 amp fuses.  One of these may power the
high current loads such as the injectors.  Since they can be unbolted
from the original loom and mounted directly onto the battery terminal
clamps easily, I find them quite usefule for efi conversions

Older cars had fusable links.

Robert Dingli

             Robert Dingli           r.dingli at ee.mu.oz.au

Power and Control Systems                 Thermodynamics Research Lab
Electrical Engineering                    Mechanical Engineering
   (+613) 9344 7966                          (+613) 9344 6728
  University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3052, Victoria, AUSTRALIA