Opinions on idea .....

Rob Skala rskalard at cc.curtin.edu.au
Thu Jan 18 05:33:39 GMT 1996

Hi All,

I've been on this list a while and have learned a great deal of
information about EFI systems. Thanks for all the knowledge. Any way I
have an idea that I want to bounce of you all.

I want to build an EFI system for my project car. The car is a Mazda RX-7
with the 12A turbo rotary engine. The original EFI system has gone the
great "tinkerer" in the sky, but I still have all the other components.
The original system used a flap-type air metering device. Anyway this is
my idea. I was going to have the air-flow meter calibrated using a
flow-bench or something similar to obtain Vout as a function of airflow.
Then using the air temp sensor I can convert this into mass flow. From
there it should be simple to compute the amount of fuel required for any
flow into the engine. Any drawback to this sort of approach, or is there
a simpler way to do this.

Any comments or criticisms will be appreciated.....I'm only new to this
sort of thing !!!!!

Thankyou all for your help.

Regards,

Rob