Ford Sierra Cosworth ECU Prom

Mark Boxsell mrb at mail.mpx.com.au
Thu Jan 18 12:16:23 GMT 1996

>Cosworth used a 6803????
>

>    Why??  The 8061 in every for car is far, far supirior to the 6803. If
>they intended to do any real-time interpolation, or run a multi-tasking
>executive, they chose the wrong chip. I'm not saying you cant write a
>multi-tasking executive on a small 8-bit micro (I have) but why wouldnt they
>use the already-known-good ford eec-iv ??
>
>      -----Lou Faustini

Bloody hell Lou we are only trying to run the engine! We have no operating
system, keyboard, graphics card, network(not usually), printer, hard disk,
floppy disk, tape drive, SCSI card, modem, sound card, etc, etc.
I can't believe you guy's argue about this stuff. Have you ever thought it
might be CHEAPER.
               regards,
                        Mark Boxsell.
                        MRB Design