EFI with SPIF?

Derrick Early early at finite.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Jan 18 12:20:06 GMT 1996

> Check out the new DFI Sequential box, I'm pretty sure it does this. =
> There old boxes were some sort of batch fire but did do knock sensing - =
> I have one of these on my Mustang..

Thank you for the reply Jim.  I talked to the guys at Electromotive.
They said that they can make their TEC-II do SPFI, but they asked
why would you want to do that.  They normally do a phased squirt of
two injectors at a time for a 4 cyl engine.  In other words the
injectors are fired when its piston is at the top of its stroke.

I asked if their knock control scheme retards all four cylinders, and
they said yes.  They haven't allowed for the control of the timing
for each of the cylinders like Bosche does.  He suggested that I
shouldn't be tuning so close to knock anyways.

Yours,
--
Derrick Early
early at finite.nrl.navy.mil