Digital Distributorless Ignition System

tdrury at SPBTED.gtri.gatech.edu tdrury at SPBTED.gtri.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 18 20:50:31 GMT 1996

The Programmable, Digital Distributorless Ignition System is finished!  Thank
God.  Anyhow, all of you had expressed interest in the system sometime in the
past so I wanted to update you.

The best way to get the articles is via my Web page at
http://spbted.gtri.gatech.edu/hpe.  In the second article, I'm missing the two
equations and the table, but I hope to have them in by the time you get this
message.  Also, more legible versions of the schematics will be made available
on my FTP site (same address, userid: anonymous).  The DOS version of the PC
software will be place on the FTP site also.

Please send me any comments and questions.  I'm working on the 3-axis
accelerometer toy now.  Let me know if you're interested.  It will have a
128x128 graphic LCD in a handheld device.  The accelerometers are attached to
an unsprung (hopefully close to the roll center) point on the car and a cable
will plug into the unit.  Should record about a half-hour of data - great for
autocrossing.

-tim drury