Injectors and fuses

FIScot at aol.com FIScot at aol.com
Fri Jan 19 05:28:13 GMT 1996

    Subj:   Re: Injectors and fuses
    Date:   96-01-18 11:01:46 EST
    From:   pjwales at magicnet.net (Peter Wales)

 >> I would think that most auto
 >> vmakers use some fuse in the circuit, whether it is replaceable
 >> (read visible) or not is another issue.  May be just a fusible
 >> link in the wiring somewhere.

 >  Darrell,

 >  No auto manufacturer is going to bury a fusible link in the wiring
 >  anywhere which will totally disable the car and cannot be replaced!

 >  No fuses in the injector feeds.  CPU maybe, but not injectors.

 >  Peter Wales

    Peter, GM uses fuses in all injector circuits that I have seen.
    Remember that the fuse is not there to protect drivers in the ECM, it
    is to prevent a fire in the wiring if something goes wrong! Your house
    is wired with CBs or fuses, right?  These are not to protect the device
    you plugged in.  They are there to protect the wiring and prevent a
    fire!

    Scot Sealander   FIScot at aol.com