Opinions on idea .....

Mark Boxsell mrb at mail.mpx.com.au
Fri Jan 19 12:49:20 GMT 1996

>> If you do not have access to a dyno, use an oxygen sensor, there is a thread
>> running on them right now. Just drive around and tune it that way
>

>Peter,
>
>I was intending to use an O2 sensor in my own system but only as a first
>approximation, primarily to give me an idea of volumetric efficiency at
>various rpm and perhaps to calibrate the airflow sensor.
>Your response above, infers (to me anyway) that you can tell a bit more
>than this. I would have thought that 'seat of the pants' would fall in
>between an O2 sensor and a dyno as scientific apparatus.
>What have I missed ?
>
>Steve.

Steve,
       this stuff is like anything if you can measure what you are doing you
can sort it out. The better you can measure the better your result. (It also
helps if you know what your are doing.) But 'seat of the pants' can be a lot
of fun depending on what your driving !
                       regards,
                               Mark Boxsell
                               MRB Design