Opinions on idea ......

Neville Newman neville at Verity.COM
Fri Jan 19 20:27:00 GMT 1996

> From: marchil at ibm.net
> Date: Thu, 18 Jan 96 17:46:40
>
> Hi Rod
>
> You have the right idea but the flap-type air meter will restrict the air flow, I think
> you would be better off with a MAF sensor and use a frequency to voltage converter and
> then obtain Vout.
> U will have much better air flow and less air turbulance in the manifold.

i had wondered about this myself, so when i had my car (1.3L Fiat w/ L-Jet)
on a dyno a while back, i gave it a test.  At full-power, with stady readinds
on the dyno screen, i pinned air vane in place and pulled the hose off
the backside.  There was no change in any of the readings from the dyno or
the Sun 4-gas analyzer that was hooked up.  The obvious conclusion is that
the mixture didn't change, and thus there was no difference in restriction
between having the air vane sensor in the way or not.  Not the most scientific
test in the world, but it convinced me.

								-neville