Engine codes for '84 T/A; DIACOM and OBD-II questions

Markus Strobl eusmsrt at exu.ericsson.se
Thu Jan 25 21:01:12 GMT 1996

Thank's for your reply.

> I'm pretty sure that DIACOM software will handle the new OBD-II hardware
> and software combination.

I've been told that it doesn't work for OBDII. Does Rinda tech have a
e-mail address? Or phone #?

> If you want to make your own package, begin by
> purchasing the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) document with
> OBD-II standards.  It's a maroon-covered manual with a number of HS-3000
> or HS-3500.  The SAE is in Warrendale, Pennsylvania with an area code of
> 412.  The manual costs either $45.00 (ouch!) or $65.00 (ouch! ouch!), but

ouch, ouch, ouch!

> it contains the information you need.  For example, I recall reading that
> the OBD-II data stream is 10400 baud and 8/N/1.
                            ^^^^^

Where do they get those baudrates from? I'm I right in assuming a standard
PC serial port can't read that speed? If so, what kind of HW would be needed
to interface? Once the HW connection is made, it shouldn't be that hard to
communicate, since OBDII PCMs have to follow the offocial standard. Atleast
that's what I hope..

> > Markus Strobl                96 Z28 6M

> Marll McDonald   KB1AGM

Markus Strobl                96 Z28 6M