efi555

DAN FURGASON furgason at hg.uleth.ca
Fri Jan 26 23:01:05 GMT 1996

In December we had a small thread going on 555 based efi systems.
This looked like a fun project so I rigged one up on the bench. There
wasn't alot of detail in the thread so I'm guessing here; I presume
the 555 was used as a pulse width modulator.

In any event I configured my test as a pwm setup. The signals look just grand.
They seem to do everything right, my compliments to whomever thought this up.
I want to go ahead and try this on something but I have one nagging thought.......

Is there a way to safeguard against run-away? It seems to me that a vacuum
leak in the intake system could send the engine into orbit, the only limiting
factor would seem to be the amount of fuel getting passed the throttle plates.

Anyone have any thoughts??

Dan