efi555

David Doddek pantera at dris.com
Tue Jan 30 03:40:15 GMT 1996

>Again, the point is being missed here. The system runs very satisfactorily
>on all Turbo Mitsubishi's and the early cars had very rudimentary control
>over the pulse width at low RPMs. I am not suggesting  that a system like
>this is the equivalent of a mapped ECU design, but it is not too far away.
>
>Peter Wales
>President Superchips Inc Florida
>Chairman Superchips Ltd Buckingham     "Timing is everything"
>Superchips home page with all the answers  http://www.superchips.com

I did not mean to say that the engine would not run or that the performance
would not be acceptable.  What I was saying was just that the low rpm range
is the area that the most noticable effect of a non mapped system will
occur.  The computer in my car is currently running with the map zeroed out,
meaning that it operates the same as an alalog system.  My only complaint is
a slight rich mixture when stopped idling at low idle speeds.  Using the
same computer on our Formula SAE race car last year had a zero map as well
and ran just fine.  So don't take me to mean it won't work, because it will.
I have actually hooked one up and proven it.

By the way, does superchips make a chip for the T-bird SC?

David J. Doddek                                          |pantera at dris.com
Owner SGD Electronics & Development Engr for Caterpillar |h 309 685-7965
Formula SAE Team Sidewinder 94-95                        |w 309 578-2931
89 T-bird SC,  69 Fairlane w/SGD EFI                     |fx 217 428-4686
74 Pantera w/Electromitive Tec-II Twin turbos and Nitros |
Hey, If you are going to go fast, go REEEAAL FAST.       |