MAF output signal

mjos mjos at tsc.hh.avnet.com
Wed Jul 3 22:59:20 GMT 1996

Hi all,

I am working on a frequency limiting circuit that will intercept the output
of my MAF sensor and pass the original freq as long as it falls at or
below a set limit.  If it goes above the limit freq, the circuit will pass only
the limit freq. regardless of how high the input freq. goes beyond it.

What is the typical freq. output range vs. air flow for these sensors.  The
car is a Dodge Steath Turbo and uses a Mitsubishi MAF device.  I haven't
had a chance to put it on a scope yet.  Also, does this MAF type put out
a pulse, sine, square, ? type of wave?

I am aware that HKS makes such a unit in two forms.  One for voltage
output type MAF's and one for freq. output MAF's.  I don't want to use
just a low pass filter design but rather a frequency peak limit\hold circuit.

Has anyone else made such a circuit?  I am open to various ideas.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Josewski
Applications Eng.