cypress FPGA tools

SRavet at bangate.compaq.com SRavet at bangate.compaq.com
Thu Jul 11 15:27:34 GMT 1996

Darrell Norquay <dnorquay at awinc.com> Wrote:

| Don't you mean Warp2?  Warp4 is the full enchilada, timing simulator and
| all, and it sells for US$5000!  I know, 'cause I just took a Cypress VHDL
| seminar last week, and got a copy of Warp2, along with a CD full of
| libraries, Warp2  for several platforms including the MAC and Sun, the
VHDL
| text, and a 1 day intensive VHDL course for CDN$99.

Yes, WARP 2 is the package I was referring to.  Warp 2 is the full
enchilada for CPLD devices.  Cypress CPLD parts have a very simple timing
model, so the simulator is included.  For FPGAs, you do need the more
expensive package, which also includes schematic capture, etc.

|  >The download cable/software wasn't available at the time, although it
|  >should be now.  I need to call back and see.  The download
cable/software
|  >works with all of the Cypress "ISR" chips (in system reprogrammable).
|
| The guys at the seminar gave me the impression that they haven't released
| their ISP devices yet, due out in August, I think.  They didn't mention
the
| download cable + software.  Warp2 just generates JEDEC files which you
need
| a pricey device programmer to use.

I'm pretty sure they offerred me some samples of the ISP devices, but maybe
not.  Once they are available, if they aren't already, you won't need the
pricey programmer.  That's what makes this deal so attractive.  For $200
($99 for WARP 2, and $99 for the download software/cable) you can program
your own CPLDs in VHDL.  Cypress is pretty generous with samples, also.

Steve Ravet
sravet at bangate.compaq.com
Baby you're a genius when it comes to cooking up some chili sauce...