EFI

Land Shark lndshrk at xmission.com
Mon Jul 15 01:03:26 GMT 1996

At 08:41 7/15/96 +1200, you wrote:

>1.   How exactly would the controller calculate "load" from "air" and "rpm"
>and "a constant"? i.e. what would the equation be?  (please treat me as
>completely ignorant, though I am not quite)
>
>(I assume "load" refers to the air volume passing into the engine)

 Ahh .. glad you asked... :)

 Consider LOAD to be equal to .. AIR INDUCTED per CYCLE of the motor ..

 The LOAD as Tl (Tee sub ell) is ...

 Tl=Q/(n*Ki) where Q is that airmass or airmass approx from airFLOW in Kg/Hr..
                   n is engine speed in RPM
                   Ki is the injector constant that equates Tl to the base injector
                   pulse width needed for that flowrate of injector and that amount
                   of air/cylinder..

>2.   How would you work out what this constant is?

   Mathematically from injector flowrate and AFR of 14.7:1...

>3.   Also, I am confused as to why the calculation of load would depend on a
>constant upon injector size, or do you mean that injector size would be used
>to determine injector pulse width further down the line?

 Because in a BOSCH system LOAD is actually a TIME .. TEE sub ell .. the THEORETICAL
 injector open time needed on Engine X, with Injector Y .. under those exact conditions
 of measured airmass/speed to reach Lambda=1 with a theoretical Voll Eff. of 1...

 Jim