smd components

wmcgonegal at rr.etc.ncr.doe.ca wmcgonegal at rr.etc.ncr.doe.ca
Mon Jul 22 13:47:44 GMT 1996

     I have read about a type of solder designed for removing SMDs.  You
     apply it to the terminals of the device and it combines with the
     solder that was originally holding the device in place.  The new
     combination of solder forms a very weak alloy.  The devices can then
     be popped off when gently pried with a screwdriver.  With the device
     removed you clean up the solder then mount the new device with regular
     solder.  I forget the name of the company that makes this removal
     solder, but I can look it up if there is any interest.

     Will McGonegal
     Mobile Sources Emissions Division
     Environment Canada
     wmcgonegal at rr.etc.ncr.doe.ca