DIY Throttle Body

David.Haynes at roke.co.uk David.Haynes at roke.co.uk
Thu Jul 25 14:40:22 GMT 1996

P.M.Shackleton at hud.ac.uk wrote :

>to figure out how. Weber, Lumenition and Microdynamics throttle bodies seem
>to be very expensive. ie more than the equivalent sized carb without any of
>the complicated carb plumbing!
>
>Any ideas on DIY throttle bodies would be gratefully received?

I have seen fairly recently in (I think) Car & Car Conv. a design for an FI
throttle setup done using a pair of old DCOE carbs. That might be one way to go
if you can get a second hand (Sorry, Pre Owned ;->) pair that are not too worn.
I guess that the slight air leak caused by a worn unit would be less of a
problem for FI than in the intended application, but if you are going to go to
all that effort ...

Dave H.