Intercooling (was Re: water injection questions???)

Dig dig at syclone.cc.und.nodak.edu
Fri Jul 26 03:15:48 GMT 1996

On Fri, 26 Jul 1996, Craig Pugsley wrote:

> FWIW, A guy here (australia) made an intercooler system with air conditioning
> parts. The part on the engine was constructed (I _think_) by having lots
> of small tubes for the air to flow through and surrounded by the freon:

{diagram deleted}

The TTM system for the Sy/Ty uses the stock air/water intercooler as the
"evaporator". (holes sealed up, of course)  There is a catch- it requires
that you pre-cool the compressor outlet air via an external air-air
intercooler. The compressor head pressure climbs to unsafe levels when
300+ degree air meets the freon, so the air-air unit is required to get
the air temp to a level the freon intercooler can tolerate.

Dig
dig at syclone.cc.und.nodak.edu