DIY_EFI Digest V1 #212

talltom talltom at teleport.com
Sat Jul 27 11:00:34 GMT 1996

> From: scicior at cp.uswc.uswest.com (Steve Ciciora)
> Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 15:10:40 -0600
> Subject: Re: toothed wheels for crankshaft position sensing
>
> Thanks for the info.  Electromotive got really grumpy, though when I asked
> if they sold individual components, like their 58 tooth wheel.  "We are
> not inthe business of selling components.  We just use them for our
> systems".  The 800 # for Haltech didn't work, and 800-555-1212 didn't
> have a listing for them.  Any pointers on where they are located
> (city,state) ?
>
> Thanks again!
> - -Steven Ciciora
>

> > I think that either Haltech or Electromotive supply these with some of their
> > aftermarket kits, so either of those companies could probably help you out.
> >
> > Haltech 800-881-0117
> > Electromotive:  703-378-2444

This Fella at Electromotive has a reputation nationwide. If you look
at his advertising it raves on about how great it is, and when you
read the small print it sez nothing is guaranteed more than 90 days!
These things go gor 1500-3000 bucks and are guaranteed for 90 days?
Not in my lifetime! Further I personally know of people that have
installed his systems and the instructions are inadequate to the point
that somebody who builds race cars for a living  got a ground wrong
that the instructions didn't address and fried the whole system, and
of course no guarantee.$$$$more$$$$
   I've also heard from many diferent sources that even if you
get them to work initially(no small challenge) the longevity is
frequently less than 2 yrs.
   So folks, this guy should show you how bad you can be and still
be successful in this field.
   From what I hear when he shows up at the specialty equip.
manufacturers assn. people gang up on him to argue.
  A real prize!