Idle Strategy.

Lamari, Matthew MLAMARI at origin.ea.com
Mon Jul 29 15:43:43 GMT 1996

Could anyone tell me a good way to handle startup to idle, I understand
there are a couple of ways.

I believe I've seen a system where idle speed is set with a base throttle
opening, then modifies amount of fuel to hold idle.  Another with an idle
control over air as well.

How should the fuel be mixed on startup?  Is cranking a matter of throwing
in heaps of fuel on startup?

Is engine speed an adequate feedback variable to hold idle by modulating
fuel?

Is EGO even a consideration when starting/idling, or could cold temperature
render it useless?

How relevant is intake/block temperature to all of this?

In short, what's a good way to handle idle?

thanks,
Matthew Lamari
mlamari at origin.ea.com