Citroen BX - Bosch EFI

Armando Carrapico ajorge at av.it.pt
Mon Jul 29 18:25:52 GMT 1996

Dear friends,

I writing from Portugal, and this is my first mail to you.

I know that this group is essencialy created to discuss new
improvements to the systems, but in my case I am for the moment,
interested in geeting my car with the best performance/comsuption
possible.

The thing is that I have bougt the car in 2nd hand last year and so
far no one seems to be able to tune the car well, specialy the guys
from Citroen.

I like the car a lot but I dont know even what are the function of
the tuning elements that they change, or the sensor readers.

The car is a Citroen BX GTi 1600cc from 1990 and is 113000Km.

There are an hexagonal 6mm screw near the air filter and another
screw which I thougt was the idle regulator, but may not, near the
air admitance collector.

Could you tell me how to find some information on what type of System
I have (There is a Bosch box under the left seat) and how to tune it,
something like turning the screw X to right the mixture became
ritcher, etc.

Thank you very much for everything you may add to this matter.

Armando Carrapico.