Looking for Cadillac Error Codes

ARTHUR OKUN arthurok at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 26 03:59:41 GMT 1996

You wrote:

>A couple of weeks ago the "Check Engine" light in my father-in-law's
1990
>Cadillac Fleetwood 4.5 litre has come on.  Accessing the error codes
on its
>built-in system displayed:
>
>        E49     E98     EE      70
>
>I cleared the codes and the light did not come on again for 2 weeks,
this
>time the codes are:
>
>        E31     E34     E49     EE      E49     70
>
>None of the books I can find explain what these codes mean (I guess
the
>Caddy is different from other GMs).
>
>Can anyone translate these for me?
>
>Lloyd Ferguson
>ferguson at isb.ca

the E infront of the two digit error code just signifies"error code"

inthe first group

49= ??     98=p/n d/r engaged problem  .  70=  intermittent tps

second group  31= shorted  map sensor circuit  . 34=map signal out of
range  49= ??  70= intermittent tps

this is from a 1992 chilton . i assume the info is correct.
i would check for bad connectors and connections and burnt wires.
after you do that email us back.